Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Ivf is the route we are going

This decision didn't happen overnight. I was married previously and had two beautiful daughters.  I thought that's was it for me and that I had it all figured out. We separated after 6 years together the girls were 2 & 4. Two years later I met my now husband 2007. We got married 2010.  I forgot to mention that l had my tubes tied and burnt at 22 after the two girls. I've regretted doing that almost immediately afterwards, I had nightmares about one of them dying.....crazy.  We decided that we wanted to expand our family so we saved and had a tubal reversal 6/2012. Wow! It worked got a positive pregnancy test 1/2013 but it ended as an ectopic pregnancy, I lost a portion of my left tube with the embryo.  Devastated is not deep enough of a word to express my feelings. Fast forward we gave it some time to use the right tube to catch the spermy so when 5/2015 came around I decided to get a hsg done to check if the tube was patent. That was so painful.  It showed both tubes blocked even though the left tube I knew that already. Only option was ivf.......who has money for that!!!! I cried I was so heartbroken. So I tried to forget about it, I even got myself two godchildren thinking that would ease my mind but it didn't ease my heart.

So mid April I told my husband that I still wanted a baby from him and he was surprised but he wanted it too. I made an appointment consult for IVFMD for April 20 and told my hubby to check his insurance to see if we can get any help.

Byrd

No comments:

Post a Comment